These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the DJVJ app.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this app and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of United Kingdom. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
What is the DJVJ app and what’s included free of charge when downloading it
DJVJ is offered “as is”, and you cannot require or demand any functionality not included in the application as it comes when you download it from your app store. DJVJ is a mobile application (software) which emulates a video-jockey experience, where users can mix two video channels, one image channel, one text channel and then apply special effects to the resulting video mix, which can be watched either on the device’s screen or transmitted to external devices (the output function will require external hardware which is not included with the DJVJ app and which you will need to acquire seperately. The external hardware required does not depend on DJVJ and we do not own or have any involvement with the manufacturers of these products). The video jockey experience which can be emulated with the DJVJ app comes “as is”, and you cannot demand any other functionality other than what is offered, and this experience may or may not be similar to any existing video jockey experience.
DJVJ is a free mobile application and it comes with a free starter package containing 36 video loops for mixing in the app’s video channels, along with over 100 images for mixing in the app’s image layer. These materials are included for free in the DJVJ app for use only within the DJVJ app. You do not own the intellectual property of any of the materials contained in DJVJ app, as these belong to the respective owners. You are granted free use of the materials within the DJVJ app only, and limited to the time you have the app installed on your device.
In-App Purchases (Paid content which you can buy in the DJVJ app)
The DJVJ app offers In-App Purchases (from now on, “IAPs”) which enable users to purchase paid content for use within the DJVJ app. These IAPs consist of Non-consumable IAPs and also Subscription IAPs.
Non-consumable IAPs are items which you can purchase once and will add content to your DJVJ app indefinitely. This type of content does not expire; once purchased, you can use it within the DJVJ app with no limitation of time nor number of uses. Prices of Non-consumable IAPs range from €0 EUR (free) to €14.99 EUR, and they may vary depending on your country and currency. These non-consumable IAPs come in the form of Video Packages and Image Packages:
– Video Packages can all be located within the app via the main menu, under “Video Shop”, or by clicking the plus icon (+) in either of the two video channels (the top pair of rectangles, which read Base Video and Overlay Video) and then tapping the “Buy more videos” button at the bottom of that Video Library window. This will open the Video Shop, which lists all Video Package IAPs available for purchase. Upon purchase, this adds the contents of the Video package to the user’s DJVJ Video Library, indefinitely, and this does not expire.
– With the Image Packages it is almost the same; you access it from the Image Shop. This can be accessed either from the main menu, under “Image Shop”, or by clicking in the Image Channel plus icon (+) in the bottom left rectangle of the app’s home screen, this opens your DJVJ Image Library, and then you can press the bottom button, “Buy more images”. This opens the Image Shop, where you can browse and purchase the Image Packages as IAPs, which are then added indefinitely to your DJVJ Image Library.
The DJVJ monthly subscription appears in your app menu as “Upgrade to Premium” and refers to the “DJVJ Professional Subscription” In-App Purchase. This subscription is renewed on a monthly basis which you can renew automatically every month or cancel from your Apple App Store or Google Play account. The price of the subscription, or ‘Starting Price’, is 2.99 EUR per month including taxes ($2.49 USD) and may vary depending on your country and currency. This price does not vary from one month to another. The benefits you will obtain from this subscription are:
- Removes the DJVJ watermark from the output video signal (this is the image which will appear on external TV screens when you use the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter for iOS devices or the Google Chromecast on Android devices).
- Removed the DJVJ watermark from your video recordings.
- Adds some extra output resolutions to the ‘Settings > Output Resolution’ menu, so that you have more options than the standard selection of 16:9 and 4:3 outputs.
Refunds / Cancellations
Refunds for IAPs cannot be made once the item has been added to your DJVJ app or you have enjoyed the benefits associated with the subscription IAP, whether you have made use of the items purchased or not. The non-consumable IAPs add contents to your DJVJ app on a permanent basis. The subscription IAP can be cancelled at any time from your Apple or Google account and then you will no longer benefit from the upgraded features in the DJVJ app, thus cancelling the service and any future payments. Do not purchase the items if you are not sure that you arre in conformity with a non-refund policy. Grace periods may be offered for certain IAPs within both the Apple App Store and/or the Google Play Store, and these stores may have their own refund policies which can modify or improve the DJVJ policy.
Further help and questions
The DJVJ Team
DJVJ is located at:
4 American Oast, Tutsham farm, West Farleigh
Kent – ME15 0NE, United Kingdom